Canadian Parents for French
The Alberta Branch of CPF was founded in 1977 and incorporated as a non-profit society in 1978 in order to promote, support and enhance French immersion and core French programs throughout this province.
CPF is the national network of volunteers which values French as an integral part of Canada and which is dedicated to the promotion and creation of French second language learning opportunities for young Canadians.
Our branch activities include:
- Liaison between members and education authorities and decision-makers
- Work on major projects in support of French-second-language learning, often with partner organizations (e.g., the Accent web site)
- Promotion of opportunities for students to enhance their French language skills
- Newsletter for members published three times each year
- Annual conference for members
- Speakers, workshops, presentations
- Responses to individual inquiries
- News releases, media interviews
- Training sessions and other support for our local chapter volunteers
- A Resource library of information on French second-language learning and volunteerism for the use of our local chpaaters
- Sharing of information among parent groups within Alberta and Canada